Winter time can be an bit depressing. The shorter days and the freezing temperatures keep us inside and away from good old outdoor therapy.
So here are some pictures of summer in the southern Appalachian mountains to get you out of the winter blues.
1. The mountains of eastern Tennessee.
2. A waterfall in the Great Smoky Mountains.
3. Whitewater rafting on the Middle Ocoee River.
4. Rock stack on the bank of the river.
5. Looking Glass Falls.
6. Rhododendron in bloom.
7. Kayaking down the river.
8. A rumbling creek in the Nantahala National Forest.
9. The Blue Ridge Parkway.
10. Heading to the Put-in.
11. Sunbeams coming into the forest.
12. Sunset over the Smoky Mountains.
13. Ocoee white water rafting fun.
Hope this brightens your day. It won’t be long till summer is back and the mountains will be calling you for the next adventure.